The Significance of Durga saptshati
Let me tell you the basics of Durga saptshati first before going onto the depth of its significance.
- Originated from Markandeya Purana which is one of oldest Puran (400-600 CE)
- This Puran is basically a conversation between Rishi Markandeya (Son of Mrikandu Rishi and from Bhrigu Rishi clan) and Jaimini. In this Puran there are 137 Chapters with 9000 verses.
- It is basically the depiction of Markandeya to rishi jaimini from chapter 45 to 80 and Chapter 94 to 137. The Chapter from 81 to 94 is of Devi Mahatmya which is also known as Chandi Path or Durga Saptshati.
- Chandi Path is a holy scripture. ‘Chand’ in Sanskrit means to ‘tear apart’. I.e when you recite the Chandi path, you are unconsciously made aware of the presence of the divine power, which will guide you out of all your troubles. The Chandi path is also called the Durga Saptasati.
Now let us discuss the Significance of Durga Saptshati.
- There are 13 chapters and 700 Mantras in this and ANYTHING or EVERYTHING can be achieved through these Mantras.
- Every Mantra is Magical. See let me tell you one more thing here, you can read the meaning of the complete Durga Saptshati in Hindi or English but chanting the Mantra in Sanskrit is most effective because they create vibrations within you and this vibration affects different parts of the body including pineal gland. Also constant chanting the Mantra repeatedly will reduce the breathe and activate Vagus Nerve (details I will share later but just understand that it will reduce stress and make you calm and improve your health)
- There are 360 Shakti explained within Durga Saptashati.
- There are 13 chapters and Which are grouped under 3 Main Shakti i.e MahaKali, MahaLaxmi, Saraswati. (Trigunatmak)
Benefits of Chanting different Chapters
- Chapter – 1: Reciting leads to removing all sorts of worries in our Mind.
- Chapter – 2: Remove Shatru Badha and give Legal Success.
- Chapter – 3: Ends all your enemies Tangible or Intangible.
- Chapter – 4: Maa Jagdamba Darshan Maa comes to you in some or the other form.
- Chapter – 5: We get all sorts of Bhakti and Shakti.
- Chapter – 6: removes all your pains, sorrows and poverty of any form.
- Chapter – 7: Your fulfillment of wishes and desires.
- Chapter – 8: You will imbibe a special Attraction which you can’t even imagine.
- Chapter – 9 & 10: Righteous Child birth, Path to success, and getting back what is lost.
- Chapter – 11: All worldly Success and Luxury.
- Chapter – 12: Respect in the society, Acknowledgement and Fame.
- Chapter – 13: Moksh Prapti, Salvation, Liberation from birth and death finally.
- Please Note : Either you read all the chapters or Only Chapter 1 or Chapter (2, 3,4) or Chapter (5 to 13). That means if you read chapter 5 only will not do you will have read upto 13th chapter. If you read the 2nd Chapter then you have to read chapter 3 and 4 compulsory, also, If you read only the 1st chapter it is Ok. But my suggestion is to read the complete Durga Saptashati During Navaratri.
Why is it Durga “Saptshati”( i.e. 7 the magic of 7 or the significance of 7 in the next part) till then stay safe.. stay healthy and remain in touch.